Herding Cats Shawl
Knit this cute, reversible shawl with cats covering each side!
Any cat owner knows that cats have minds of their own. The Herding Cats Shawl shows what happens if you try to herd cats… they just do their own thing. Cute cats cover both sides of this gorgeous reversible shawl.
Double knit, the shawl is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The color work is chart only, not written.
The shawl is worked from the bottom corner up to the top edge. The finished side of the shawl is approximately 56” (142 cm) in width from side to side and 22” (56 cm) in height from bottom corner to top edge.
- Size 2 US (2.75 mm) circular needles – 40” (102 cm) in length or longer is best.
- Approximately 800-850 yards (732-777 m) each of two contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn.
- An extra needle or cable needle (or even a locking stitch marker) that can hold a single stitch.
- Stitch markers.
- Needle to weave in ends.
Get a discount when buying multiple patterns on Ravelry or Etsy:
- 15% off 2 patterns
- 20% off 3 or 4 patterns
- 25% off 5 or more patterns!
- In version 1.0 of the pattern (sold on or before November 16, 2023), there was an error on page 6. In step 1 of the row 2 set up, the last sentence should read “6 stitches on the left needle,” not 4.