Herding Cats Bag
Any cat owner knows that cats have minds of their own. The Herding Cats Bag shows what happens if you try to herd cats… they just do their own thing. All the way around the bag (inside and out) are a “herd” of cats. Double knit, the bag is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side.
The finished size is approximately 4.5” (width) by 12” (length) by 11” (height) (11.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 27.9 cm), not including the handles. The bottom of the bag can be optionally enforced with plastic canvas to help the bag keep its shape. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique.
- Size 5 US (3.75 mm) circular needles 32” (81 cm) in length.
- Approximately 400-425 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Plastic canvas approximately 4” by 11.75” (10.2 cm x 29.9 cm) to reinforce the bottom of the bag (optional).
- Stitch markers in two different colors.
- Five stitch holders.
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on.
- Extra circular needle, flexible stitch holder, or additional scrap yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.
Also check out the matching Herding Cats Scarf!