Knit this cute, reversible cat blanket in a baby or throw blanket size!
As a cat owner and knitter, I know it goes without saying that keeping cats away from yarn is a project in itself. With the Cattitude Blanket, I wanted to show the playfulness of a cat going after a ball of yarn, with the yarn ball unwinding as the cat plays. A pawprint border decorates the edges of the blanket. It’s perfect to snuggle under with your kitties!
Double knit, the blanket is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Solid colored yarns show off the design the best, but a subtle heathered or tonal colored yarn can give it a nice uniqueness. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique.
The pattern includes two sizes — baby blanket (pictured) and throw blanket. The finished size of the baby blanket is approximately 40” x 39” (101 cm x 99 cm), and can also work as a small lap blanket. The finished size of the throw blanket is approximately 50” x 55” (127 cm x 140 cm). See the image showing the comparison of the dimensions.
- Size 5 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length.
- Size 4 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length (optional for a neater cast on edge).
- For the baby blanket, approximately 1400-1500 yards (1280-1372 m) each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- For the throw blanket, approximately 2400-2500 yards (2195-2286 m) each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Stitch markers: 9 stitch markers for the throw blanket, 7 stitch markers for the baby blanket.
- Needle to weave in ends.
- 15% off 2 patterns
- 20% off 3 or 4 patterns
- 25% off 5 or more patterns!