A Purrfect Scare Halloween Scarf
Knit this fun Halloween scarf to celebrate the spooky holiday!
A Purrfect Scare Halloween Scarf is a fun double knit spooky scarf showcasing images of cats along with other Halloween creatures and scenes. It’s purrfect for celebrating the spooktacular holiday!
Double knit, the scarf is designed for three colors (a main color and two contrasting colors) and is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. The design is similar in layout to my Cat Season Scarf but with no repeated sections. The Halloween-themed sections alternate contrasting colors while the main color is used throughout. You can also stick with the traditional two-color scarf if you prefer.
The suggested colors are black, white, and orange: black for the main color, white for the first contrast color, and orange for the second contrast color, but feel free to substitute your own spooky color combinations! Solid colors will work best due to the alternating color combinations in the design.
Instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The finished size of the scarf is approximately 70 inches (178 cm) in length and 5.5 inches (14 cm) in width.
- Size 2 US (2.75 mm) needles.
- Size 1 US (2.25 mm) needles (optional for a neater cast on edge).
- Approximately 460 yards (421 m) of the main color in fingering weight yarn (black suggested).
- Approximately 190 yards (174 m) of the first contrast color in fingering weight yarn (white suggested).
- Approximately 285 yards (261 m) of the second contrast color in fingering weight yarn (orange suggested).
- Needle to weave in ends.
Note: If you prefer to use only two colors for the scarf, you’ll need approximately 460 yards (421 m) each of both colors.
- 15% off 2 patterns
- 20% off 3 or 4 patterns
- 25% off 5 or more patterns!