Celtic Cat Cowl
Knit this elegant Celtic cat cowl for the cat lover in your life!
Surrounded by beautiful Celtic knots, the paired cats in the Celtic Cat Cowl intertwine their tails to join in the expanding knotwork. Celtic knot designs have long been featured in knitted garments and accessories, and this reversible cowl is perfect for a love of cats with an artistic flair!
Double knit in the round from the bottom up, the cowl is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on either side. Use two solid colors for a classic look or a solid paired with a variegated yarn for a more interesting color combination (gradual or subtle color changes work best).
Instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The finished size of the cowl is approximately 7.5 inches (19 cm) tall and 25.5 inches (65 cm) around. The circumference of the cowl can be increased or decreased in approximately 4.25 inch (10.8 cm) increments. The color work design is chart only, not written instructions.
- Size 2 US (2.75 mm) needles.
- Size 1 US (2.25 mm) needles (optional for a neater cast on edge).
- Approximately 225 yards (206 m) each of two contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.
- 6 stitch markers, one in a different color, to mark the chart repeats and end of round.
- 15% off 2 patterns
- 20% off 3 or 4 patterns
- 25% off 5 or more patterns!
Check out the matching Celtic Cat Scarf!