Book Lover Bag
Knit this reversible Book Lover Bag to show your love for books and reading!
Readers rejoice! You can proudly show off your love of books with this Book Lover Bag. The bag is surrounded by rows and rows of bookshelves. On both sides are an open book and the word “READ” in large letters.
Double knit, the bag is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique. For the “READ” text, an optional chart is included such that the text is readable on both sides (not backward).
The finished size is approximately 4.5” (width) by 12” (length) by 11” (height) (11.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 27.9 cm), not including the handles. The bottom of the bag can be optionally enforced with plastic canvas to help the bag keep its shape. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The color work design is chart only, not written instructions.
Note that since the bag is knitted without a liner, it is not strong enough to carry heavy items like books (unfortunate, I know), but it’s perfect for carrying a knitting project and a kindle with all your ebooks!
- Size 5 US (3.75 mm) circular needles 32” (81 cm) in length.
- Approximately 400-425 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Plastic canvas approximately 4” by 11.75” (10.2 by 29.9 cm) to reinforce the bottom of the bag (optional).
- Stitch markers in two different colors.
- Five stitch holders.
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on.
- Extra circular needle, flexible stitch holder, or additional scrap yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.
- 15% off 2 patterns
- 20% off 3 or 4 patterns
- 25% off 5 or more patterns!