Counting Sheep Bag
Sheep are the source of the beautiful, luxurious wool that many knitters use to knit their creations. They can also be darned cute! The Counting Sheep Bag has an entire herd of sheep covering the sides of the bag. Depending on the yarn you use, it can have white and black sheep, blue and yellow sheep, purple and green sheep, or whatever color combination you can imagine! The bag also comes in handy for insomnia — counting the sheep should put you right to sleep!
Double knit, the bag is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique.
The finished size is approximately 4.5” (width) by 12” (length) by 11” (height) (11.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 27.9 cm), not including the handles.
- Size 5 US (3.75 mm) circular needles at least 32” (81 cm) in length.
- Approximately 400-450 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Plastic canvas approximately 4” x 11.75” (10.2 cm by 29.9 cm) to reinforce the bottom of the bag (optional).
- Stitch markers in two different colors.
- Five stitch holders.
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on.
- Extra circular needle, flexible stitch holder, or additional scrap yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.