As a cat owner and a knitter, I know it goes without saying that keeping cats away from yarn is a project in itself. With the Cattitude Bag, I wanted to show the playfulness of a cat going after a ball of yarn. It’s the perfect bag to carry your knitting projects or to take to your local yarn shop to expand your yarn stash!
Double knit, the bag is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. The front and back both show the cat playing with the ball of yarn, while the two sides have paw prints. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique.
The finished size is approximately 4.5” (width) by 12” (length) by 11” (height) (11.4cm x 30.5cm x 27.9cm), not including the handles. The bottom of the bag can be optionally enforced with plastic canvas to help the bag keep its shape.
- Size 5 US (3.75 mm) circular needles 32” (81 cm) in length.
- Approximately 400-450 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Plastic canvas approximately 4” by 11.75” (10.2cm by 29.9cm) to reinforce the bottom of the bag (optional).
- Stitch markers in two different colors.
- Five stitch holders.
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on.
- Extra circular needle, flexible stitch holder, or additional scrap yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.